Eat. Play. LOVE This Season.
Though we’re fond of sunny summer days, fall is a beautiful time to be a Chicagoan. At Matrix Partners, we take full advantage of sweater weather, boot season and all things pumpkin-flavored, savoring the crisp air before it turns (truly) cold. Our team brainstormed the things we love most about the season, including recipes and Chicago activities. Enjoy! ____________________________________________________________________________ Eat (and drink). 🍴 Kira and Angie’s Thanksgiving Feast Treats for Dogs via Dogster/Claire Lower This recipe makes approximately two dozen treats. Ingredients: 1/2 pound extra lean ground turkey 1 large sweet potato; baked, peeled, and mashed 2 cups of whole wheat flour Dried cranberries for garnish Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place all ingredients except cranberries in a large bowl and mix with a spoon or your hands until combined.
- Roll dough into golf ball-sized mounds, smoosh between your hands to form cookies, and press a dried cranberry into the center of each one.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, then let cool and prepare for your pup to become completely obsessed.
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the evaporated milk
- Add evaporated milk and gradually stir into mixture
- Pour into pie crust and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes
- Chill the white wine, sparkling apple cider and caramel vodka
- Once cold, mix together the wine, cider and vodka and add the caramel syrup
- Chop the apples into small cubes and add to the sangria
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve