Of course, you’re looking for an agency that’s better than good. You want a marketing partner that’s innovative. Amazing. There for you and your brand. At Matrix Partners, we know what it takes to be all of those things and more for our clients. After all, you don’t thrive in the marketing world for three decades on “good.” If you find yourself wondering whether you’re talking to the right pet marketing agency, here are some positive signs.
- Positioning, Positioning, Positioning. The vast majority of players in the pet product and service space don’t have unlimited cash – they need to spend what they have on what will work. At Matrix, strategic up-front thinking is built into our DNA. Before we shift into creative mode, we always start by gaining a thorough understanding of your product’s competitive advantages as well as your business objectives. Then we come up with a fresh, compelling and relevant way to optimally position your brand.
- Connecting with Pet Parents. All great and soon-to-be great pet brands have one thing in common: they establish a strong positive relationship with pet owners. That’s why we spend so much time getting inside their heads. Over the past five years, we’ve conducted over 100 focus groups and interviews with thousands of pet-owning consumers, from Boomers to Millennials and beyond. And thanks to our hardworking social networking team, we’re tuned in to their hopes and concerns every day.
- Staying on Top of Trends. A great pet marketing agency will notify clients of what’s new and what’s next in the FDM and specialty food store aisles. That’s where many of the freshest pet product ideas are hatched. At Matrix, we keep a close eye on new developments in human food, treats, supplements, beverages and grooming. We also monitor what’s trending in retail merchandising displays and share these discoveries with our marketing partners.
- Understanding Pet Nutrition. Why waste time educating your agency about bioavailability, why feline hydration is so important, or the benefits of a low glycemic diet for canine health? At Matrix, we already get it, so we can focus our attention on launching or revitalizing your brand. Because we routinely attend pet industry nutritional seminars. We stay up to date on changing regulatory issues that could impact how your products are labeled and promoted. And we understand the food formulating and processing supply chain, having served and supported several human, companion animal and livestock ingredient providers.
- Demonstrating Media Savviness. When you’re interviewing pet marketing agencies, find out if their public relations managers are on a first-name basis with editors and reporters at the leading trade industry publications. Ask them how frequently their social media team interfaces with prominent pet influencers and bloggers every week. Have them explain how they go about placing both traditional and digital ads. Also investigate whether they’re capable of scaling up with you to manage consumer print, broadcast and social campaigns. Needless to say, Matrix Partners passes all these mission-critical tests and more.
- Being Passionate about Pets.SM To promote branded pet products to people with empathy and energy, you need an agency that celebrates pets. Our staff actively supports a number of animal rescues and charities. [hotlink to Giving Back page on site] Plus, every Matrix member is or has been a passionate pet parent. We understand your target demographic because we ARE your target demographic.
In closing, we hope these six criteria help you separate the greatest pet marketing agencies from all the rest. Have more questions? Contact Matrix Partners at email@example.com.